Niccos J. David, DPM
2006 - Present
Associate Physician - Florida Foot and Ankle Physicians - Fort Myers, FL
Surgical and Admitting Staff Privileges at the following hospitals:
- Gulf Coast Medical Center
- Lee Memorial Hospital
- Health Park
- Cape Coral Hospital
Licensed to practice in the state of Florida
Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital - Binghamton, NY
- Director: Guido A. LaPorta, D.P.M.
- Three years of surgical training focusing on foot and ankle deformity correction.
- Additional training in the surgical treatment for diabetic neuropathy, diabetic foot infections and limb salvage.
- Specialized training in the use of external fixation for foot and ankle trauma and deformity correction.
- Advanced training in wound care techniques and skin grafting.
Notable Residency Rotations
Crouse Hospital - Syracuse, NY
Plastic and Hand Surgery of Central New York - Syracuse, NY
- Bruce Shafiroff, MD
- Emphasis on peripheral nerve surgery for diabetic neuropathy
International Center for Limb Lengthening - Baltimore, MD
- Dror Paley, M.D., and John Herzenberg, M.D., Co-Directors
- Emphasis on adult and pediatric orthopedic deformity planning and correction
focus on limb lengthening and deformity correction via external fixation, treatment of
non-unions, bone defects and infections, and Ponseti method of clubfoot treatment.
Workshops and Certifications
Taylor Spatial Frame Workshop Memphis, TN
- Instructors-Guido LaPorta, D.P.M., George Vito D.P.M., Charles Taylor, M.D.
- External fixation device used for correction of complex foot deformities
- Workshop focused on frame application and software programming
Baltimore Limb Deformity Course - Baltimore, MD
- Instructors- Dror Paley, M.D., Bradley Lamm, D.P.M.
- The course discussed deformity planning using the CORA method
- Sheraton Inner Harbor – Baltimore, MD
Pressure-Specified Sensory Device (PSSD) Certification
- Device used for quantitative measurement of neuropathy
- Institute of Peripheral Nerve Surgery – Baltimore, MD
Use of the Illizarov External Fixator for the correction of complex foot deformities
- Instructor-Guido A Laporta, D.P.M.
- Basic instrumentation and technique workshop
- Pennsylvania Foot and Ankle Society Conference – Scranton, PA
Surgical Laser Certification
- Nd:Yag and CO2 Laser training used for Verruca Ablation
- In-service at Lourdes Hospital – Binghamton, NY
Research Publications and Lectures
American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
64th Annual Scientific Conference, Las Vegas, NV March, 2006
- A Retrospective Study of Triple Arthrodesis with the Stealth™ Fusion System
- The Correction of Cavovarus Foot Deformity utilizing the Taylor Spatial Frame
- Surgical Repair for Lateral Ankle Instability
- The Use of Neurwrap™ in Tarsal Tunnel Surgery
Second International Foot and Ankle Congress
Toronto, ON, Canada May, 2005
- Evaluation of Osteosynthesis Utilizing Memory Compression Staples in Foot Surgery
- Apical Axis Placement in the Correction of Hallux Valgus Deformity
Pennsylvania Foot and Ankle Society Conference
Scranton, PA ,November 2004
- “Non-enzymatic Glycosylation of Bone and Soft Tissue”
- Discussed the effects of hyperglycemia on bone and tissues in diabetics
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Education
1999 - 2003
Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine - Philadelphia, PA
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Degree
- Awarded merit scholarship for undergraduate academic achievement
1993 - 1996
University of Florida - Gainesville, FL
Bachelor of Science Degree
- Major in Microbiology and Cell Science.
- Minor in Chemistry